How else can one describe this event any other way than with an experience? With a world-class venue, talent, and prize purse, Neptune’s International Sandsculpting Championship has distinguished itself as a premier event unlike any other. From the gallery feel and extended viewing hours, your sandsculpting fill can be quelled with a single visit.
It’s been the signature event of the Virginia Beach Neptune Festival since its inception, and has grown to the most prestigious event of its kind in the nation. With an international field of sculptors representing 5 countries from around the world, watch the professionals turn grains of sand into works of art in just 3 days!
NEPTUNE’S KINGDOM: LAND OF SAND
A huge tent, almost as large as a football field, will house 18 sculptures created by 10 solo and 8 doubles teams! Sculptors will compete for the largest prize purse awarded in the country.
- Viewing time of 10 days
- Walkways and viewing areas providing an intimate view of the process and artwork
- Lighting for viewing into the evening hours
- Protection from wind and rain, providing an entertainment option no matter the weather!
- Unique photo opportunities
- Live “QuickSand” competitions (These sculptors are quick on their feet!)
- Meet and Greet opportunities with the extremely talented pool of sculptors!
LAND OF SAND TENT HOURS
Friday, 9/24: 9 am – 11 pm
Saturday, 9/25: 9 am – 11 pm
Sunday, 9/26: 9 am – 9 pm
Monday – Sunday: 9/27 – 10/3: 10 am – 6 pm
Admission: $5 per person. 12 and under is free while accompanied by adult.
Tent is wheelchair and stroller accessible. NO ANIMALS allowed in the tent.
Entrance to the tent is located at 7th Street